DJ Neptune, Joeboy, Mr Eazi
03. Toosie Slidefile_download
04. Know Your Worthfile_download
Khalid & Disclosure, Davido, Tems
05. Bop Daddyfile_download
Falz, Ms Banks
06. Of Lagosfile_download
07. Know Youfile_download
08. 1 Millifile_download
DaBaby, Roddy Rich
Buju, Burna Boy
12. We Will Win
13. Try Mefile_download
The third installment of our monthly Top 10 countdown is here! What are the songs making rounds on your playlist?
HEP has selected the best 10 singles from all buzzing songs right now plus an extra three bonus tracks from our ‘HEP corner’ — and we believe are worth listening to in the new month as April 2020 edition.
We’re sharing it with the rest of the world to enjoy what our music critic team believes should be making rounds on all playlists across the world.
PS: All songs on the playlist can only be streamed with full quality on our website, but will only be available for download through the digital links we’ve attached with each songs.
Head below to see what we have selected:
TOP 10 SONGS OF THE MOMENT
10. BUJU – LENU (REMIX) FT BURNA BOY: Spaceship Records latest signee, Buju rolls out a remix to his “Lenu” song featuring the label’s Lead act, Burna Boy. The Next Rated talented singer broke into the music industry with his 2019 debut hit ‘Spiritual’ which featured Zlatan. Now he has found his new record make its debut on number ten on our countdown.
9. DABABY – ROCKSTAR FT RODDY RICH: At the beginning of this week, nobody knew what DaBaby was coming with on Friday. He had previewed his brand new body of work, dropping a suggestive emoji and leading fans into believing his third album was on the way. It appears as though that was the case with the Charlotte native delivering Blame It On Baby, which features appearances from Youngboy Never Broke Again, Future, Quavo, Megan Thee Stallion, and more. One of the songs that people will surely gravitate to, based almost solely on name value, is “ROCKSTAR” with Roddy Ricch. It debuts on number nine.
8. DAVIDO – 1 MILLI: In a song dedicated to his beautiful Chioma, Davido brings out yet another sweet melody in this love song. The energetic singer debuted last month with this danceable music on number two. The song has unfortunately dropped back to number eight considering the number of good music that came out in April.
7. LADIPOE – KNOW YOU FT SIMI: Mavin Records’ rapper, Ladipoe teams up with Adekunle Gold’s queen, Simi to coin this new sing-along song they call “Know You”. The song is currently one of the most used songs on Tik Tok and its gaining massive airplay across all medias. It debuts on number 7 this month.
6. MAYORKUN – OF LAGOS: Mayorkun turns rapper to deliver this brand new song titled “Of Lagos“. This track is an Afro-pop/hip-pop/bop record that will make vibe non-stop. His label producer FreshVDM produced the catchy, bopping beat song. This is a track you’d vibe to no doubt! It debuts on number six.
5. FALZ – BOP DADDY FT MS BANKS: Falz’s versatility is unmatched! The rapper teams up with English rapper Ms Banks on this new record they call “Bop Daddy” — a song making the most of its time on the new video content making app Tik Tok. They delivered this club hip-pop track with bass, vibe and the big boy melody. Folarin is probably the most versatile artiste in the industry at the moment, he can comfortably switch at anytime — be it rap, trap, singing and even comic acting. He debuts on number five on our countdown.
4. KHALID & DISCLOSURE FT DAVIDO & TEMS: American singers “Khalid” & “Disclosure” teams up with Nigeria superstars “Davido” & “Tems” on this brand new jam tagged “Know Your Worth (Remix)” The song which talks about finding and staying with the right person that loves you and makes you a Real Deal! is a complete vibe with this new sound… and it debuts on number four.
3. DRAKE – TOOSIE SLIDE: “Toosie Slide” marks Drake’s first foray into dance records as he raps the instructions to the dance moves. He also boasts about his dancing skills and compares them to the American music icon, Michael Jackson. “Tootsie Slide” and it’s accompanying dance are named after famed Atlanta choreographer Toosie, who on March 29—five days before the song’s release—posted a video of him, along with other dancers Hiii Key, Ayo and Teo, doing the dance, which later went viral. The song makes its debut on our countdown on number 3!
2. DJ NEPTUNE – NOBODY FT JOEBOY & MR EAZI: DJ Neptune has always proven to be a creative mind not only on his regular disc jockeying but also with the songs he dishes out to the music world. He links of with one of the rave of the moment Joeboy and Mr Eazi on this new joint they call “Nobody” as they return for the second time on our countdown — but dropping from number one to two.
1. SIMI – DUDUKE: The ‘Studio Brat’ surprised many with this new single dropped few days ago. The song was released in celebration love for her unborn child which she sings “she can’t wait to meet”. This is no doubt Simi’s best output this year and we believe it’s the best song to lead the line this month as it makes its debut on our countdown.
******** HEP PICKS **********
1. BANKULI – GBEMIRO FT WURLD: Following his influence and contribution on Beyonce’s 2019 project ‘The Lion King: The Gift’, talent manager/Nigerian singer and songwriter Bankulli releases a brand song dubbed “Gbemiro” with special assist from Wurld. The conscious song produced by tagged ‘AfroSpiritual,’ sees Wurld murder the record with his special gifted voice.“Gbemiro” (a Yoruba word referring to Lift & Uphold Me) is a spiritual song that comes with a special message & prayers. It’s our first pick in the HEP corner.
2. LEJJEND – WE WILL WIN: Nigerian singer, songwriter and record producer, Lejjend dropped an inspiring single few weeks back tagged “We Will Win”. According to him, the song was inspired by the impact COVD-19 disease is having on our daily lives around the world with so many countries already shut down.The song emphasizes on the need for people to stay at home to flatten the curve of the continuous rise of the infectious disease. It’s our second pick in the HEP corner.
3. TEMS – TRY ME: Fast rising songstress, Tems released “Try Me” and it took the Alternate sound to the next level. Tems is a Nigerian singer, focused on promoting the movement currently shaping alternative music in Nigeria to advance the culture and conversations alike. ‘Try Me’ completes our third pick in the HEP corner for this month!