02. Southy Lovefile_download
Peruzzi ft Fireboy
03. Good Womanfile_download
Nao ft Adekunle Gold
DJ Spinall ft Omah Lay
08. Zoom (Remix)file_download
Cheque ft Davido & Wale
09. Lose My Mindfile_download
10. So Lovelyfile_download
Bankulli ft Not3s
H! Entertainment & Promotions presents the eleventh installment of its monthly Top 10 countdown!
What are the songs making rounds on your playlist?
HEP has selected the best 10 songs from hundreds of releases buzzing right now — plus an extra three bonus tracks credited under ‘HEP RECO’ (formerly HEP PICKS) and HEP’s signature intro & outro. We believe this 15-tracks playlist is worth listening to as the first edition of the year (2020), January.
We’re sharing what our music critic team believes should be making rounds on all playlists across the world.
PS: All songs on the playlist can only be streamed (with full quality) on our website, but will only be available for download through the digital links we’ve attached to each songs.
Head below to see what we have crafted for you!
TOP 10 SONGS OF THE MOMENT
10. Bankulli – Foreign ft Not3s: Nigerian music executive, Bankulli, calls on the services of British rapper, Not3s on this joint tagged “Foreign”. As usual, Bankulli hands his featured artiste the wheel to steer the music however he likes, only adding a simple vocal contribution as hook to complete the song which debuts at #10 on our countdown for the new year.
9. Buju – So Lovely: Buju has already proved himself in his breakthrough single “Lenu” whose remix features Nigerian Grammy nominated dancehall singer, Burna Boy. Now, Buju came through with yet another interesting song tagged “So Lovely” – a track we’re confident will soon find its way on the lips on music fans across the nation.
8. L.A.X – Lose My Mind: Off his recently released album, “Zaza Vibes”, we lifted this track titled “Lose My Mind” which occupies the #8 on our countdown this month. ‘Lose My Mind’ is creatively crafted especially with the production that hits hard in your speakers alongside the simple lyrics delivered with pure vibes.
7. Cheque – Zoom (Remix) ft Davido & Wale: Cheque made charts with the original version of this song which was also one of the top songs released in the fourth quarter in 2020. Now he has released a remix featuring Davido and Nigeria-American rapper, Wale, and it didn’t lose its value a bit. It debts at #7.
6. Tekno – Designer: Tekno dropped his debut album, ‘Old Romance’ late 2020 after many years of dropping a number of hit singles. Off the LP, ‘Designer’ caught our ears with the top notch production from the award-winning artiste and producer as well as the pure vibes perfectly layed on it in terms of the concise and direct lyrics. We have it at #6.
5. Ayra Starr – Sare: Don Jazzy’s new signee made her way into the music industry with a self-titled EP and a number of tracks off the project certifies her as an artiste who means business. “Sare’ which switches flows in both instrumentals and delivery sees Ayra Starr show her vocal prowess on the mid-tempo track. It debuts at #5.
4. DJ Spinall – Tonight ft Omah Lay: Spinall linked up with one of Nigeria’s brightest music sensations at the moment, Omah Lay on the track “Tonight” off his December-released album, “Grace”. The mid-tempo track is no doubt a song you’ll fall in-love with if you have a thing for slow vibes. We have it at #4.
3. Nao – Antidote ft Adekunle Gold: British singer Nao calls on the service of AG Baby on this single they call “Antidote”. The song is a typical new style of Adekunle Gold’s new way of doing music, so it is very much easy to love it upon the first beat if you’re a fan of the new sound. We have it at #3.
2. Flavour – Good Woman: Just like a number of Nigerian artistes, Flavour also dropped a new album late 2020 and one of the stand-out track off the project is the song, “Good Woman”. Just as the title speaks, Flavour emphasizes on the need to identify and cherish a good woman, adding that they’re scarce so you have to cling to the one you have.
1. Peruzzi – Southy Love ft Fireboy: Off his son-to-be released album, “RumNBoogie”, is a track titled ‘Southy Love’. On the song, Huncho and Fireboy showed their enviable talents with no scoreboard on the rhythmic tune. They were both able to express themselves pretty much a lot that you’d probably not know who the guest artiste is between them both. The song debuts at #! on our countdown for January.
***** HEP RECO ******
1. Dotman – Giveaway: Dotman’s talent is so obvious that you see it play out in almost all his songs. His style of music is generally different from what other Nigerian artistes offer us in terms of creativity, lyrics and delivery. On ‘Giveaway’, the singer talks about people whose only mission in life is to bring others down either directly on indirectly. With bold statements, Dotman mocks the people, telling them he’s not falling again, while he sends praises to the most-high who is responsible for the growth and breakthrough of one’s achievements in life.
2. Ayra Star – Away: Signed to Mavin Records (the Don Jazzy’s juggernaut that spearheaded the careers of Tiwa Savage, Rema, and more), Starr is already establishing quite the name for herself. A singer, songwriter, and dancer, she’s making a bold beeline for global domination. Reared on eclectic blend of acts such as Beyonce, Rihanna, 2Face, Shakira, and Angelique Kidjo, Starr’s sound fuses Afro-Pop, R&B, Trap and Alté. This unique mix can be heard on ‘Away,’ which is lifted from her self-titled EP.
3. Di’Ja – Inyawuri: Di’Ja came through with an infused Hausa sound with Afropop in ‘Inyawuri’ off her new album, “Aphropop Vol. 1”. The track sees Di’ja boast of the love of her man which she describes as ‘unconditional’. She has always showed her talent since first signed to Mavin Records, and it appears she hasn’t lost a bit of her creativity.