01. Savage (Remix)file_download
Megan Thee Stallion, Beyonce
03. Stuck With Ufile_download
Ariana Grande, Justin Beiber
04. Something Differentfile_download
05. Say So (Remix)file_download
Doja Cat, Nicki Minaj
06. Know Your Worth (Remix)file_download
Khalid, Disclosure, Davido, Tems
DJ Neptune, Joeboy, Mr Eazi
08. Know Youfile_download
Ladi Poe, Simi
10. Toosie Slidefile_download
Baptista ft Abel Assifah
12. Will (Remix)file_download
Joyner Lucas, Will Smith
13. Red Dotsfile_download
Coming a day late than the previously slated release date, H! Entertainment & Promotions presents the fourth installment of its Top 10 countdown!
What are the songs making rounds on your playlist?
HEP has selected the best 10 singles from hundreds of songs buzzing right now, plus an extra three bonus tracks credited under ‘HEP RECO’ (formerly HEP PICKS). We believe this 13-tracks playlist is worth listening to in the new month as May 2020 edition.
We’re sharing what our music critic team believes should be making rounds on all playlists across the world.
PS: All songs on the playlist can only be streamed with full quality on our website, but will only be available for download through the digital links we’ve attached with each songs.
Head below to see what we have selected:
TOP 10 SONGS OF THE MOMENT
10. Drake – Toosie Slide: Making its second appearance on our countdown following Its number one debut in April Edition, Drake unleashed a new dance step song that is taking over!
9. Rudeboy – Woman: Talk of who is making waves between the Psquare brothers, Rudeboy is clearly making some good music! His latest offering “Woman” — dedicated to all hardworking women around the world — makes it to our May countdown on number 9.
8. Ladi Poe & Simi – Know You: One of the most trending songs on TikTok Nigeria, Know You by Mavin Records act, Ladi alongside powerful vocalist, Simi returns for the second time on our countdown following its April debut. We have it on number 8 on the latest edition.
7. DJ Neptune ft Joeboy & Mr Eazi – Nobody: Topped many playlists for months, including our monthly countdown where it held the number position twice. Nobody is returning on the list for the 3rd time in a row, but dropping down to number 7.
6. Khalid & Disclosure ft Davido & Tems – Know Your Worth (Remix): This song wowed many upon its release last month — when we got to hear the beautiful talent Tems has in combination with Davido’s energetic delivery. ‘Know Your Worth’ remix returns for the second time on the countdown on number 6.
5. Doja Cat ft Nicki Minaj – Say So (Remix): Following the healthy global chart presence of the original version, Cat linked up with Nicki Minaj to make a remix which went on to pounce on number #1 on Billboard Hot 100.
4. Adekunle Gold – Something Different: In what some have described as a sample of Wizkid’s ‘Joro’, Adekunle Gold showed his versatility yet again in the Afrobeat song. It comes in on number 4 on the countdown.
3. Ariana Grande & Justin Beiber – Stuck With U: The project which was dedicated to Covid-19 relieve through its royalties, became the first song of the year to amass 100,000 units in one-week pure sales. It recently made its way through to number one spot on Billboard Hot 100 surpassing Doja Cat and Nicki Minaj’s Say So and Tekashi 6ix9ine’s GOOBA.
2. Simi – Duduke: The song which is still topping almost all charts and playlists in Nigeria, makes its second entry on our countdown. ‘Duduke’ is a song dedicated to Simi and Adekunle Gold’s unborn child. Report however has it that the pair have secretly welcomed their first child together in the US.
1. Megan Thee Stallion ft Beyonce – Savage (Remix): Released late April, Megan and Beyonce sprung a surprise on masses with the remix of the hotly listened to single. The duet made it to number one on Billboard Hot 200 making it Beyonce’s seventh and Megan’s first on the reign.
***** HEP RECO ******
Baptista ft Abel Asifah – Speak: Gospel music sensation, Baptista released a follow-up single to her previously released dual project – Sufficient God and Ore Bi Jesu — entitled “Speak”. Its a song of hope which encourages everyone to speak great things into existence with the believe that God will heal the land especially in times like this.
Joyner Lucas & Will Smith – Will: The original version of the song by Joyner, speaks on how he wants to be like Will Smith – a music legend he looks up to. Will Smith then graced the song with his powerful vocals acknowledging the fact that someone actually sees him as a role model. In the remix, Will spoke a lot about people he himself looked up to.
Samzy ft Rema – Red Dots: American-Nigerian rapper, Samzy called on the service of Mavin Records’ Rema on this Afro-Bop trap music which comes after his debut single “Chains”. Samzy looks set to take over the new school in no time!