03. No Stressfile_download
04. Laugh Now Cry Later | HEPfile_download
Drake Ft. Lil Durk
05. AG Babyfile_download
Adekunle Gold, Nailah Blackman
DJ Khaled, Drake
Fireboy DML, Wande Coal
09. Feel Goodfile_download
DJ Cuppy, Fireboy DML
10. Gbemiro (Remix)file_download
11. Maserati Remixfile_download
Olakira ft Davido
13. Mood Swings Remixfile_download
Pop Smoke ft Summer Walker, Lil Tjay
14. No Longer Beneficialfile_download
H! Entertainment & Promotions presents the eighth installment of its monthly Top 10 countdown!
What are the songs making rounds on your playlist?
HEP has selected the best 10 songs from hundreds of releases buzzing right now — plus an extra three bonus tracks credited under ‘HEP RECO’ (formerly HEP PICKS) and HEP’s signature intro & outro. We believe this 15-tracks playlist is worth listening to in the new month as September 2020 edition.
We’re sharing what our music critic team believes should be making rounds on all playlists across the world.
PS: All songs on the playlist can only be streamed (with full quality) on our website, but will only be available for download through the digital links we’ve attached to each songs.
Head below to see what we have crafted for you!
TOP 10 SONGS OF THE MOMENT
10. Olakira ft Davido – Maserati (Remix): The original version of this song was on the lips of many following its release, especially Nigerian ladies who use Snapchat very often. To spice up the ears of its lovers, Olakira called on the services of DMW boss, Davido to coin a remix which lands on number 10 on our countdown this month.
9. Bankulli ft Hiro – Gbemiro (remix): Talent manager and music creator, Bankulli debuted with “Gbemiro” featuring Wurld earlier this year and the song did well on music charts.He rolls out a remix featuring Hiro and yet, the song didn’t lose its value!
8. DJ Cuppy – Feel Good ft Fireboy: Many will actually be surprised to see DJ Cuppy on this kind of list considering how poor her first set of singles were. But we can authoritatively tell you that this particular one “Feel Good” off her recently released album “Original Copy” is a dope track you want to get your earphones plugged into. The song is a high-tempo music which sees Fireboy taking the helm of the bodily flow of the entire music that will sure interest your ears. It debuted on number 9 last month, but moved up to number 8 this week.
7. Tems – Damages: It is no longer something of doubt that Tems has the talent to succeed in the music industry. Off her newly released EP “For Broken Ears”, we present to you one of the standout tracks off the project entitled “Damages”. The song is not only doing pretty well on music charts (debuting number 1 on Nigerian iTunes before Davido’s “FEM” overtook her), but also received well by music critics. It debuts on number 7 on our countdown.
6. Fireboy ft Wande Coal – Spell: One of the stand-out songs on Fireboy DML’s recently released project, “Apollo”, is ‘Spell’. The song features a high-octane vocals from both Fireboy and Wande Coal. It debuts on number 6. You will definitely love this! We had it on number 7 on her last countdown, but it has now moved up to number 6 this month!
5. DJ Khaled ft Drake – Popstar: DJ Khaled called on the service of his long time collaborator, Drake on “Popstar”. The song (alongside Greece) comes as the first offerings from the Disc Jockey’s soon-to-be-released 12th album, ‘Khaled Khaled’ — the follow-up to 2019’s father of Asahd’. ‘Popstar’ drops to number 5 this month. The song retains its spot from August Edition.
4. Adekunle Gold Ft Nailah Blackman – AG Baby: Adekunle Gold makes his third straight appearance on our countdown with “AG Baby”. It appears almost all of his releases make it to our countdown, that’s probably because he dishes only good music! Lifted from his recently released EP, ‘Afro Pop Vol. 1’ Adekunle teams up with Trinidadian young music diva, Nailah Blackman, to serve us this beautiful music. It drops down to number 4 on our countdown from leading the line two months ago.
3. Drake ft Lil Durk – Laugh Now Cry Later: Sonically, lyrically, and emotionally, “Laugh Now Cry Later” is the embodiment of what happens when you surround real Drake. The song which is off his forthcoming “Certified Lover Boy” album, returns to retain its number 3 spot for September edition.
2. Wizkid – No Stress: Wizzy has been teasing the release of his much anticipated project “Made In lagos” for a while now, but finally decided on October release date. Prior to the arrival, Starboy rolls out two new singles including the most recent “No Stress” which debuts on number 2 on our countdown. Just as the song title itself, the song only leaves you vibing with no stress to your body joints.
1. Sam Smith – Diamonds: Sam Smith shows us the new side of him in “Diamonds”. You can hear those realizations in “Diamonds.” Smith sings of a lying lover who cared more about the star’s fame and material goods than their heart. “Have it all, rip our memories off the wall, all the special things I bought,” they coo on the first verse. “They mean nothing to me anymore.” A series of rhythmic snaps kick off the pre-chorus, and the listener starts to realize that what could have been a signature ballad is actually a dance-floor anthem. Smith tells the mystery man from their past to go ahead and take their money, insisting that they’ll prove just how little they now care. A catchy bass line comes in just in time for the chorus. By the time the second verse rolls around, the song’s confident rhythm section is joined by a funky guitar riff that makes the listener want to body-roll their blues away. It debuts at number 1 and tops our September Edition.
***** HEP RECO ******
1. Cheque – Zoom: Lifted off his 5-track EP, “Razor,” Penthauze signed act, Cheque entertains music lovers with the pop record that sure captures the attention of its listeners!
2. Pop Smoke ft Summer Walker & Lil Tjay – Mood Swings (Remix): Pop Smoke’s estate blessed our ears with this new record which serves as the remix to one of his biggest posthumous hits. Summer Walker’s feisty performance on the remix provides the female perspective that the original was just begging for. Happily, the chemistry between Smoke and Walker is there in spades, too.
3. Simi – No Longer Beneficial: Has Simi ever really disappointed us with her records? Absolutely not! AG Baby’s baby served us yet another beautiful song recently and we just can’t have enough of it. We believe it’s a record y’all really have to listen to!