H! Entertainment & Promotions presents the tenth installment of its monthly Top 10 countdown!
What are the songs making rounds on your playlist?
HEP has selected the best 10 songs from hundreds of releases buzzing right now — plus an extra three bonus tracks credited under ‘HEP RECO’ (formerly HEP PICKS) and HEP’s signature intro & outro. We believe this 15-tracks playlist is worth listening to in the new month as November 2020 edition.
We’re sharing what our music critic team believes should be making rounds on all playlists across the world.
PS: All songs on the playlist can only be streamed (with full quality) on our website, but will only be available for download through the digital links we’ve attached to each songs.
Head below to see what we have crafted for you!
TOP 10 SONGS OF THE MOMENT
10. Jennifer Lopez – In The Morning: Why would you only say you love someone in the evening and not in the morning? It only means you say it when you want her ‘body’ — that’s what Lopez is concerned about in this up-tempo song that debuts at #10.
9. Olamide – Triumphant ft Bella Shmurda: This is no doubt one of the best tracks off the #CarpeDiem album. There’s no better song out there today that serves as a victory song. ‘Triumphant’ sees Olamide rap about the disappointing things he’s had to go through to get to his present position in the music industry, all thanks to the big backing from ‘God’. The song debuts at #9
8 Chike – If You No Love ft Mayorkun: Speaking of one of the top 5 young revelation in 2020, Chike will definitely make that list! The Young champ’s voice has been one of the major things that makes him stand out from his peers — same characteristics he used in this song that makes it worth listening to. It debuts at #8.
7. Megan Thee Stallion – Intercourse ft Popcan: Off her recently released “Good News” album, Megan Thee Stallion teams up with Mustard and Popcan on the song where Stallion raps about being real and her man don’t need to sugar-coat anything to ‘put it on her’. Intercourse debuts at #7.
6. Davido – The Best ft Mayorkun: Earmarked as one of the top tracks that will do well off the “A Better Time” album, Davido links up perfectly with his signee, Mayorkun as they boast learning from ‘The Best’. It debuts at #6.
5. Wurld – Bossy ft Cuppy & Kida Kudz: This guy is actively proving to music lovers why they need to pay more attention to alternative genre. Wurld taps Cuppy and Kida to talk about a lady who wears her bossy character with confidence everywhere she goes. This is a clean vibe you’d want to listen to. It debuts at #5
4. Wizkid – Ginger ft Burna Boy: It wasn’t entirely surprising that this record soon became fan-favourite following the release of “Made In Lagos” — considering Burna Boy’s rise into the international market which clearly played a huge role. The song debuts at #4.
3. Simi – There For You ft Ms Banks: Can this lady actually make a song without making proper impact on good music lovers? Probably not! AG Baby’s wife teamed up with Ms Banks to deliver this danceable, beautifully crafted piece they call “There For You”. Debuts at #3
2. Ariana Grande – Positions: Ariana taps into her rich voice to deliver this beautiful sound in ‘Positions’ which sees her making a bold statement to her man about switching up positions for him with all love. It debuts at #2
1. Davido – Jowo: Lifted off his October-end third studio album, “A Better Time”, Davido surprised many with this record with lyrical input and delivery on the mid-tempo track. The song which sees beg for the love of his lady friend — who is often surrounded by fake loves from other guys —makes its debut on our countdown on #1
***** HEP RECO ******
1. Wizkid – Blessed ft Damian Marley: Probably the biggest song off the ‘Made In Lagos’ many slept on. The low-tempo vibe is no doubt a reason for that, but it’s quite interesting that’s what makes the song a must listen to. Damian’s contribution on the song is classic. Aside the serenading instrumentals, Damian’s contribution will melt the heart of any good music lover with his deep, creative lyrics & delivery.
2. Kelly Rowland – Hitman: This sexy cut samples ‘Follow Follow’ by iconic Nigerian artist Fela Kuti. We’re certain you’d want to see how Rowland faired with Afrobeat yeah?
3. Qdot – Moriamo: Moriamo’, a track off his recently released album #Alagbe is yet another evidence of Qdot’s talent when it comes to his lyrics, delivery. The song tells a story of how he got to find out that the woman who had always protected & fed him was not his real mother but his grandma — a secret revealed to him with the last few breath of ‘Moriamo’.