H! Entertainment & Promotions presents the seventh installment of its monthly Top 10 countdown!
What are the songs making rounds on your playlist?
HEP has selected the best 10 songs from hundreds of releases buzzing right now — plus an extra three bonus tracks credited under ‘HEP RECO’ (formerly HEP PICKS) and HEP’s signature intro & outro. We believe this 15-tracks playlist is worth listening to in the new month as September 2020 edition.
We’re sharing what our music critic team believes should be making rounds on all playlists across the world.
PS: All songs on the playlist can only be streamed (with full quality) on our website, but will only be available for download through the digital links we’ve attached to each songs.
Head below to see what we have crafted for you!
TOP 10 SONGS OF THE MOMENT
10. Nasty C – Zulu Man: Rarely would you find a Hip-Hop song make our countdown, but Nasty C has just found his way through with ‘Zulu Man’ – a track off his newly released album, “Zulu Man With Some Power”.
9. DJ Cuppy – Feel Good ft Fireboy: Many will actually be surprised to see DJ Cuppy on this kind of list considering how poor her first set of singles were. But I can authoritatively tell you that this particular one “Feel Good” off her recently released album “Original Copy” is a dope track you want to get your earphones plugged into. The song is a high-tempo music which sees Fireboy taking the helm of the bodily flow of the entire music that will sure interest your ears.
8. DJ Tunez ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay: Who would have thought we’d get to listen to Adekunle Gold and Wizkid on same track this soon not to talk of the addition of buzzing young talent, Omah Lay?! The mid-tempo song has this good feel vibe that will leave your head vibing front to back unknowingly, thanks to it’s beautifully created beat.
7. Burna Boy ft Sauti Sol – Time Flies: This song is yet another good music off Burna Boy’s “Twice As Tall” album. It features Kenyan Afro-pop band, Sauti Sol, and it debuts on number 7 this month.
6. Fireboy ft Wande Coal – Spell: One of the stand-out songs on Fireboy DML’s recently released project, “Apollo”, is ‘Spell’. The song features a high-octane vocals from both Fireboy and Wande Coal. It debuts on number 6.
5. DJ Khaled ft Drake – Popstar: DJ Khaled called on the service of his long time collaborator, Drake on “Popstar”. The song (alongside Greece) comes as the first offerings from the Disc Jockey’s soon-to-be-released 12th album, ‘Khaled Khaled’ — the follow-up to 2019’s father of Asahd’. ‘Popstar’ drops to number 5 this month.
4. Tiwa Savage ft Steflon Don & Dice Ailes – Bombay: Aside the already released preceding singles off the “Celia” album, “Bombay” seems to be the best song on the project. We could say Tiwa thought right having someone like Stef on that kind of song. It debuts on number 3!
3. Drake ft Lil Durk – Laugh Now Cry Later: Sonically, lyrically, and emotionally, “Laugh Now Cry Later” is the embodiment of what happens when you surround real Drake. The song is off his forthcoming “Certified Lover Boy” album.
2. Adekunle Gold Ft Nailah Blackman – AG Baby: It appears almost all of his releases make it to our countdown, that’s probably because he dishes only good music! Lifted from his recently released EP, ‘Afro Pop Vol. 1’ Adekunle teams up with Trinidadian young music diva, Nailah Blackman, to serve us this beautiful music. It returns on number 2 on our countdown from leading the line last month.
1. Burna Boy – Way To Big: If you ask many who have listened to Burna Boy’s ‘Twice As Tall‘ album what their favourite track is – most will definitely tell you “Way Too Big”. On this track Burna boy is boosting about how big he has become in the music industry and life generally and he’s proud of who he has become because nobody can stop him. It debuts on number 1 on our countdown for August.
***** HEP RECO ******
1.Burna Boy – Monsters You Made ft Chris Martins:It’s not everyday we get to listen to a song by Nigerian artiste that doesn’t involve love, dance or vulgar lyrics. Burna Boy made it clear in ‘Monsters You Made’ that there’s more to music than that as he call for revolution against the opp-re-ssion of the black race in the Chris Martin-assisted track off his recently released “Twice As Tall” album.
2. Temi Owo – Beautiful: Singer-songwriter, Tomi Owo is out with the release of her latest single perfectly titled, “Beautiful“, produced by Spax. The soul, jazz and, R&B artist is known for her mellow yet rich vocals and emotive live performances no doubt a result of her early exposure to music through her mother’s original compositions and diverse record collection.
3. Tiwa Savage ft Sam Smith – Temptation: Off the “Celia” album, Tiwa links up with British singer, Sam Smith on this beautiful song they call “Temptation.